“For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit, for each tree is known by it’s own fruit” Luke 6:43-44
The Bible speaks a lot on trees and the bearing of fruit. Basically saying that you are what you produce and that when someone shows you their fruit you should believe them. We all want to believe that we are making the world a better place one day at a time and that no one has been offended by us, which isn’t realistic taking into account that even Jesus offended people. All humans offend other humans at one point in time however, it doesn’t mean that all the energy we share with the world should be negative. We can’t control the percentage of people who like or dislike us however, we can control what vibes/energy we are producing. If we strive to be known by the good fruit we produce, our lives will run a lot smoother.
It is important to be transparent with yourself and to analyze who you are and what you are putting out into the universe. The more honest you are with yourself, the better you will be with handling any situation that comes your way. At times we get so caught up in everyday life that it can be difficult to find a moment to check yourself. I have taken it upon myself to come up with some things to consider when “checking your produce.”
- Is pride spoiling your fruit?
- Pride comes before a fall as the bible says, and can serve as blinders when trying to analyze ones self.
- Angry Orchard
- Aim to move in peace. Having skewed motivation will result in a negative turnout. Leave the drama to God he will handle it better than you ever could.
- Consistent Carrot
- Consistency is key. When trying to define oneself it is important to point out the things about yourself that shouldn’t change as well as being consistent with those that should.
- Purposeful Pomegranate
- Find you purpose in life. Living with a purpose will help you streamline your energy towards something positive.
- At times it is essential to replant yourself. There is nothing wrong with changing your surroundings to enjoy some fresh soil when trying to move forward in life.
Checking your produce is a daily and life long process. No one is perfect however, if we all take the time to reflect on ourselves we will notice that a lot of our problems start with us. People have a tendency to project their insecurities or feelings on others which causes issues within relationships and friendships. Becoming aware of yourself will help to cut down on misunderstandings and petty arguments.